Overall Objectives of HypOrth
The aims of HypOrth in brief are the following:
- Identification of adverse immune reactions (AIR) to implant material and differentiation of AIR from low-grade infection in the context of prosthesis loosening; inclusion of epidemiological and clinical expertise and the finding of diagnostic biomarkers for AIR
- Understanding of mechanisms of adverse immune reaction and develop predictive computational models
- Finding of predictive biomarkers for application in personalised medicine
- Testing of conventional and new material combinations for implant and coating on different cell systems: bone cells and immune cells for biocompatibility, antibacterial properties and evoking immunological parameters including the newly identified biomarkers
- Evaluation of data, production of prototypic hypoallergenic implant
Please visit the section Work Plan for an overview of the HypOrth Work Packages and the description of their objectives and tasks.