HypOrth Scientific Advisory Board
The Scientific Advisory Board consists of 5 experts representing the key aspects of activities of the project, as indicated by the Work Packages. As such, the Advisory Board Members represent leaders in the field of immunology, implantology and medical companies. The Scientific Advisory Board ensure a high standard of research and monitor the progress of the project from the beginning of HypOrth on.
The Members of the HypOrth Scientific Advisory Board are:
- Prof. Dr. med. Hermann-Josef Rothkötter: Dean of Medical Science at the OVGU Magdeburg, highly respected anatomist and scientist with excellent expertise in immunology
- Prof. Dr. Zvi Schwartz: Professor of Periodontology, professorship in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, USA), with long standing expertise of tissue responses at the bone or soft tissue – biomaterial interface. He is an internationally respected scientist, has received many international awards, and he also has a lot of experience in technology transfer projects.
- Prof. Dr. h.c. Georg-Ludwig Braun: He was the former CEO of BBraun Melsungen – a worldwide medical company and has retired 1 year ago. He is also internationally well-known and –accepted as one of the most successful and influential European entrepreneurs and scientific supporters
- Prof. Dr. Pärt Peterson: Professor of molecular immunology and is head of the Institute of Biomedicine of University of Tartu. He is an internationally renowned immunologist and has very good experience with international collaboration.
- Dr. Lechoslaw Ciupik: CEO of LfC (R&D center) Company; Instiute of BioEngineering for Medicine. He is a highly experienced scientist and company owner with respect to R&D, innovative developments and solutions in spinal implants.